Terms of Service
Last Modified 20 August 2020
By using this website and/or registering with us either as an individual or an organisational user, you agree to these terms and conditions. We may amend these terms and conditions at any time and such amendments shall be effective immediately upon posting the amendments on our website.
- “Governance Mandates”, “Tailored Governance”, “Syntegra”, “we”, “our” and “us” means Syntegra Change Architects Ltd, the company owning the Syntegrachange.com, tailoredgovernance.com, governancemandates.com brands and its products.
- “organisation” means an entity that is using Governance Mandates to advertise a vacant role, view individual resumes or to promote good governance; and
- “customers”, ”clients”, “you” and “yours” means a registered member or unregistered user of the website or an organisation as is appropriate in the context.
All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the customer in the most appropriate manner. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Terms of Sale
Access to certain materials and services is made available for purchase (“Premium Services”). Your payment for any access to any Premium Services is subject to the following terms:
- Price; Payment Plans. The price for any Premium Services will be made available via the Services at time of purchase. You may pay for access to the Premium Services in full at the time of your purchase or pursuant to any instalment payment plan that we make available.
- Instalment Payment Plans. If you select an instalment payment plan, you hereby grant us permission to automatically charge the applicable Premium Services fee to your designated payment method at the beginning of each applicable payment period until all payments have been completed. If you select an instalment payment plan, you agree to keep your designated payment method information, including all billing information, current, complete and accurate.
- Valid Payment Methods. Only valid payment methods acceptable to us, or our designated payment processors, may be used to purchase access to our Premium Services. By submitting your order to purchase access to our Premium Services, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to use your designated payment method and authorize us, or our designated payment processors, to charge your purchase to that method. If your payment method cannot be verified or is invalid, your order may be suspended or cancelled automatically. You must resolve any problem we, or our designated payment processors, encounter in order to proceed with your order.
- Refunds. Please consult our Refund Policy below. To be eligible for a refund, you must make a refund request through our customer service team (firstname.lastname@example.org) within the applicable time period set forth in the Refund Policy.
- No Cancellations. Other than in connection with our Refund Policy, all sales are final and we do not offer any refunds or cancellations. If you select an instalment payment plan, you will be obligated to complete all instalment payments.
- Failure to Pay. A failure to pay an instalment payment related to any of the Services may result in the immediate suspension or termination of all Services. Upon suspension or termination, you will no longer be able to access your account and any Services. To maintain access to your account and all corresponding Services, your account and payments must be current and in good standing for all programs and Services for which you have registered. Pursuant to our Refund Policy, if your account is suspended or terminated for a failure to pay, you will not receive any refund except at our sole discretion and any scheduled automatic renewals will not occur.
- Errors in Charges. In the event of an error that results in an incorrect charge, we reserve the right to correct such error and revise your order accordingly if necessary (including charging the correct price) or to cancel the order and refund any erroneous amount charged. In addition, we may, in lieu of a refund as provided in this paragraph, opt to provide you with a service credit, with a value equal to the amount charged to your payment method.
- Taxes. You are responsible for any applicable sales or use tax, duties, or other governmental taxes or fees payable in connection with your purchase. If you do not pay such sales or other tax or fee on a transaction, you will be responsible for such taxes or fees in the event that they are later determined to be payable on such sale, and Company reserves the right to collect such taxes or other fees from you at any time.
- Automatic Renewal Terms. Certain Services are ongoing subscriptions (“Subscriptions”). By enrolling in a Subscription program, you agree that a Subscription fee will be billed at the price you agreed to when subscribing to the payment you provide for the then-current Subscription period on a recurring basis until you cancel. If you do not wish for your account to renew automatically, or if you want to change or cancel your Subscription, please email us at email@example.com. You must cancel within 30 days after your Subscription period begins to be eligible for a refund. If you cancel your Subscription within the specified 30 period after your subscription period begins, your Subscription will be terminated immediately and you will no longer be able to access the Subscription Services. If you cancel your Subscription after the 30 day period specified above, you may use your Subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term and your Subscription will not be renewed thereafter. You won’t, however, be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current Subscription period.
- Access to Services. Upon payment in full for a program advertised as “lifetime access,” you will receive access to the program that you purchased for the duration of the time Tailored Governance, Governance Mandates operates the Site and your specific program, subject to these Terms. We reserve the right to discontinue programs and adjust the Site and programs at our sole discretion, so, where available, be sure to download any material you want to keep, since you’ll no longer have access to the membership area after access ends. For Subscription programs, you will only receive access to the Services during the term of your subscription, subject to the requirement to be in “good standing” with all other programs set forth in point 6. above.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
The nature of some of our products does make them suitable for refund guarantees. Only products with an explicit Refund Guarantee can be refunded.
Regarding purchases of products without a Refund Guarantee:
- We do not offer refunds for purchases of products that do not have an explicit Refund Guarantee.
Our refund policy for products with a Refund Guarantee is as follows:
- We offer you a 30-Days, 100% Money-Back Guarantee only on the specific products and services that have explicitly a Refund Guarantee.
- In the event that you are not happy with the products that you purchase from tailoredgovernance.com or governancemandates.com , and the products have a Refund Guarantee, then you are protected by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- To be eligible for a refund, you must make a refund request through our customer service team (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 30 days of purchase. If you ask for a refund beyond 30 days after the initial purchase date of the product then you will not be granted a refund and there are no exceptions to this rule.
- Refund requests that reach us outside of 30 days or refund requests for subsequent billings of a subscription (all payments after the first payment) will not be granted.
- If you don’t love one of our programs, just email email@example.com at ANY TIME during the first 30 days together with the evidence that shows to us that you’re doing the exercises and not achieving the expected outputs. We’ll refund 100% of the purchase price.
- Refunds are made via our service providers Paypal, and will be processed in the shortest possible time by our customer support team.
Cancellation of subscriptions on either governancemandates.com or tailoredgovernance.com:
- Recurring subscription payments are not refundable. A subscription needs to be cancelled before the renewal date if you don’t wish to renew it.
Changes to terms and fees
Current fees for the products, services of Syntegra Change Architects Ltd are listed on its websites, including syntegrachange.com, tailoredgovernance.com, and governancemandates.com. Unless otherwise stated, charges to use any service provided by Syntegra Change Architects Ltd are VAT inclusive. You can ask us to issue you with a tax invoice at the end of the tax year by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscription fees and charges apply whether or not you actually use the service or product you have purchased.
Unless otherwise stated by us, you must submit valid credit card details in order to register for or purchase a service or product from us. Payments will be processed immediately or when the free trial period, if applicable, expires.
You can view your purchases on the /my-account/page.
We reserve the right to change or introduce new fees we charge for our products and services.
If you are existing service customer subscriber and the fee change results in you having to pay a higher price for that service, we will give you no less than one month notice. If you do not want to proceed with that change, then your only option is to cancel the subscription without incurring any cancellation fees no less than 14 days before the change comes into effect. If you cancel because of a fee increase, you are entitled to a pro-rata refund in any fees or charges paid in advance for services not rendered at the date of termination. If you do not cancel you are deemed to have accepted the change.
Unless you cancel your subscription, subscription fees and all other fees and charges associated with the service or product will be billed automatically to your credit card you provide to us during registration.
If you do not notify us of changes in billing details we will submit your information to the credit card processor. If your charges cannot be processed for any reason or the charges are not paid in full for any reason, we have shall have the right to suspend your subscription until the fees and charges are paid in full.
You agree to pay all costs (including legal fees) that we incur in collecting any unpaid subscription fees or charges from you.
When you use our sites or provide information to us, you agree:
- any information you provide:
- is true and accurate and your not committing any acts or omissions that are likely to mislead or deceive others;
- does not breach the intellectual property rights of any third party
- does not discriminate
- any files you upload or make available is free of infection or viruses
- you do not commit any illegal acts or use the site for illegal purposes
- you do not use the sites for sending unsolicited spam emails to fellow registered users, other than those allowed by these terms and conditions
- that if you successfully fill an advertised vacancy or obtain a board mandate, that we may publicise that success through our websites or communications.
Only organizations, irrespective of type or incorporation status, may advertise governance vacancies on our website.
You must ensure that all information complies with applicable legislation and all or any errors are your responsibility.
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, transmit or distribute any material from our websites without our explicit consent. Content made available on our websites is only for personal use only.
You must keep username and password confidential and not share it with others. Discount codes issued to you with your membership are personal to you and may not be used any other person.
We may (but are not obliged to) monitor the usage of our websites through your account. This may include the monitoring of concurrent usage of your username and passwords. We may take any action we deem appropriate, including the immediate termination of your subscription if you violate these terms.
We do not disclose personal information about you unless you agree or would expect us to.
By becoming a registered user on governancemandates.com, you agree to us forwarding your application information and personally identifiable information to the organizations to whom you have applied for advertised vacancies.
By becoming an individual Governance Mandate candidate member on governancemandates.com, you agree to your information being published on the website and your contact details being shared with interested parties.
Organizations that contact individual governance mandate candidates through governancemandates.com agree to us receiving a copy of that communication.
Occasionally we may send you emails promoting our services or those of our partners which we believe could be of interest to you.
Any information concerning the customer and the respective customer records are regarded as confidential and will therefore not be divulged to any third party, unless we are legally required to do so by the appropriate authorities. Customer data is passed on only to services required to maintain our business, such as payment processors (PayPal, Stripe, SendOwl, others) and customer databases (Activecampaign). These third-party services guarantee the privacy of your data in their own terms. Customers have the right to request sight of and copies of any and all customer records we keep, on the provision that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. We will not sell, share or rent your personal information to any third party or use your email address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by us will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
Payments are processed through third-party payment providers like PayPal and Stripe, to ensure the best possible customer experience and ensure the customer’s privacy. Many of our services are delivered as online services, on receipt of payment. All goods remain our property. Access instructions are sent by email after the payment is received. Additional charges, late fees, chargeback fees and other fees are determined by our payment providers.
We have the right to terminate/cancel for any reason provided that we give you written notice of such cancellation and, in the event of cancellation, pay you a pro-rata refund for the outstanding portion of your subscription. lf you commit a material breach of these terms and conditions, we may suspend any Service without notice or penalty until such breach is remedied.
Warranties and Limitations
The information on this site is provided “as is”. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the company’s literature. We exclude all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. Please see the privacy and other policies for details.
Syntegra Change Architects Ltd has created governancemandates.com as a platform that connects individual governance mandate candidates with organizations that have governance mandate vacancies which they seek to fill. We do not recommend, endorse, or make any representation to you about the applicants or their suitability for any organizational positions. It the sole responsibility of the individual applicants and organizational recruiters to evaluate the positions or the candidates.
Our websites also allow individuals to develop their competencies and promote their governance credentials.
We will not be liable, under any circumstance, for any decision you make or actions you take relying on the information contained or omitted on our websites.
We take all reasonable care to ensure that our website is safe and the information you provide to us is kept private and safe. However, there is remains an inherent risk associated with the use of the internet, which is inherently insecure. We shall therefore not be held liable for any events arising from unauthorized access to our website or the information you provide us.
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that our websites are available, we cannot guarantee that your access will always be uninterrupted or that your access will be error-free.
We cannot guarantee or warrant that the files available for download on our websites or delivered by email through our servers will be uninfected by any virus, worm, or malicious and destructive code.
You indemnify Syntegra Change Architects Ltd against any damage, liability, loss, cost, or claim incurred by Syntegra Change Architects Ltd resulting either directly or indirectly from any breach of any of your obligations contained or implied in these terms and conditions.